OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE SUPPORT YOUR SPOT HOLIDAY EDITION Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF CANADA AND EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC.
- Promotion Description: #SupportYourSpot Holiday Edition Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 24th, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 30th, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Times shall be determined by the Sweepstakes computer. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who as of the date of entry are at least age of majority in their province or territory of residence, and who at the time of entry and through the completion of the Sweepstakes have internet access, and an Instagram account. Limit one Instagram account per entrant. Employees of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., (known as, “Maple Leaf Foods” or “Maple Leaf” or “Maple Leaf Foodservice” and the “Sponsor”), and any of its parent and affiliate companies, any suppliers associated with this promotion, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, children and siblings, whether biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Eligible entrants may enter the Sweepstakes in accordance with the requirements and only the entry method described below:
- How to Enter: No purchase is necessary to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes. A person may enter the Sweepstakes in accordance with the requirements and the entry method described below: During the Promotion Period, visit the Think Foodservice Instagram page: instagram.com/thinkfoodservice and find the Holiday Edition sweepstakes post. To enter the Sweepstakes entrants must do so via Instagram, and to do so, an entrant must (1) Follow @thinkfoodservice and (2) Like the post. All comments shall be made in good taste, and shall not disparage the Sponsor, its products, or any other party. Sponsor reserves the right to delete comments or Instagram posts which violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; which contain any depiction of, or reference to any identifiable third parties without their consent; which contain, include, depict or discuss personal information of any individual, including without limitation any individual’s physical or electronic address; which contain, include or depict any third-party trademark, brand or copyright-protected work, or any identifiable third party product; which give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any other rights and/or interest of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; which contain, include, depict or discuss any commercial message, advertisement and/or promotions for goods/services of businesses other than those of the Sponsor, or any business name or business contact information (electronic or otherwise) other than those of the Sponsor; which are defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, inappropriate, unsuitable and/or offensive; which bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavourably on the Promotion or the Sponsor; or which are made in bad taste or which disparage any party. Any such determination shall be in the Sponsor’s determination, all as determined by the Sponsor, and shall be final and binding and without appeal.
Message and data rates apply to use of mobile device for participation in the Sweepstakes. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for submitting your entry via mobile device. The Sponsor is not responsible for any such costs. Be sure to check your wireless carrier’s pricing plan before entering via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas. Entrants are responsible for obtaining Internet access to participate in this Sweepstakes. Each entry shall be referred to as a Submission. An eligible Submission enters you in the Sweepstakes for a chance to win the prize. Proof of sending a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Neither Sponsor nor any of its parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies, advertising/promotion agencies, respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives or assignees are liable for any disputes between participants and/or entrant related to the Submission.
In the event of dispute as to identity of an entrant, the entrant shall be the registered user as per the organization which gave out the email address used to enter this Sweepstakes.
All entries, including all posts, upon submission become property of the Sponsor and none will be returned
- Prizes/Approximate Retail Values: There will be a total of five (5) digital gift cards valued at $500 (CAD) each for a total prize value of $2500 (CAD). Five (5) winners will be chosen from Instagram entries, by random draw for a prize of 1 such gift card valued at a total of $500 (CAD).
Each winner will receive:
- One (1) digital gift card to the restaurant of the winner’s choice, valued at $500 (CAD), or
- If gift card to establishment is not available, one (1) SkipThe Dishes digital gift card, valued at $500 (CAD)
Winners are responsible for payment of all other fees and charges whatsoever, and Sponsor shall have no liability for any other fees, charges, taxes or ancillary costs associated in any manner with entrant’s entry into, claiming or using any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
Prizes are awarded “as is”, without any representation or warranty whatsoever. Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitutions or cash redemptions shall be made, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if for any reason an advertised prize cannot be awarded as intended in these rules; and potential winners agree to such substitution as a condition of entry in this Sweepstakes.
Limit one prize per entrant but multiple entries are allowed, provided they are materially different as determined by Sponsor in its sole determination.
- Winner Determination: Winners will be determined from valid entries received for the applicable Promotion Period. There will be up to five (5) winners selected. Winners will be randomly chosen from collected valid entries by November 30th, 2022 Winners will be notified no later than December 2nd, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. EST via Instagram direct message. Odds of being selected depend on total number of eligible entries received. Each potential winner will be subsequently contacted by Sponsor and asked to complete a Release and correctly answer a skill testing question, and upon providing such documentation and the correct answer to the skill testing question by the specified return date, will be deemed a winner.
If the possible winner incorrectly answers the skill testing question or does not return the Release within the specified time, they will be disqualified.
Sponsor will select up to five (5) winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. If applicable, the potential winner must be available to participate to be eligible in any portion of the Sweepstakes where participation may be required. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to choose an alternative qualifier or possible winner in the event that a qualifier or possible winner has been disqualified, is deemed ineligible or cannot fully participate in prize activities, in Sponsor’ sole discretion and without any liability whatsoever to Sponsor. If the entrant is unable to verify registration information, the entrant will automatically be disqualified, and the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of any social media account, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner or if the winner cannot fully participate in prize activities.
- Winner Notification: Once the selection of the winner is complete, the selected winner will receive an Instagram direct message from the Sponsor letting them know they’ve won the Sweepstakes. The winner will then provide that Sponsor with their full name, email address, and telephone number. The prize will be sent to the winner at the email address provided within 30 Days. Failure to respond within 48 hours of receipt of the direct message may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to another entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of social media account, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrants. Sponsor is not obligated to attempt to notify potential winners by any other method or means of communication. Sponsor shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any failure to make contact or to receive a response.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Instagram, the Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that if you are determined to be a winner, the Sponsor may use your name, comments voice, likeness, municipality of residence and picture in any advertising, promotion or publicity carried out now or in the future, in any media without compensation or notice, and you grant to the Sponsor any and all rights to such use and all Instagram posts. You agree to cooperate with the Sponsor in arranging for photographs or other forms of publicity and to be available for photographs or other forms of publicity on reasonable notice. There shall however be no obligation by Sponsor to engage in such publicity. Upon request potential winner will complete such release documentation as requested by Sponsor.
- General Terms/Limitations of Liability:
(i) By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, the Released Parties, Instagram, and Facebook and Meta Platforms Inc. (collectively “Meta”) and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and partners, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, and representatives, from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of such entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activities, and the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. Neither Sponsor nor the other Released Parties assume any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Sweepstakes entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, or social media entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, or attributable to any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers or other devices related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Sweepstakes.
(ii) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or if required by Instagram or Meta, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
(iii) Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
(iv) Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Subject to receipt of required regulatory consents, if any, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, disease, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. Co-vid 19), order of any court or government agency , or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, subject to receipt of required regulatory consents, if any. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner based solely on non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error of any kind or nature whatsoever, more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, Prizes will stop being awarded when the Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of Prizes and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved Prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised Prizes, and Sponsor shall have no further liability in such respect. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
(vi) ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER PROVINCE’S OR TERRITORY’S LAWS.
- Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including legal fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants agree to cooperate fully with Sponsor or authorities, in any investigation into irregularities. Upon request any entrant shall provide photo identification and identify their place of work and/or occupation.
- Winners List/Official Rules: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, print these Rules.
- Sponsor: Maple Leaf Foods Inc., 6897 Financial Dr, Mississauga, ON L5N 0A8
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Meta. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not Instagram or Meta. Maple Leaf Foods Inc. will never ask for personal financial information, including Credit Card details. Please report all phishing and fraud attempts to Instagram, Facebook and the local law enforcement authorities.